Saturday, April 07, 2007

Easter Thoughts and An Invitation

I have been celebrating Easter since I was a little kid. Most of my early memories are of spring mornings, baskets full of candy and clip-on bow ties, eating ham at Grandma’s and ambrosia fruit salad for breakfast. I also remember Easter morning worship in church and how the church would have the tabernacle (the ornate box that contained the communion bread) open on Sunday morning signifying that our Savior had risen from the dead.

It was always a special morning but it wasn’t until I was 17 years old that I really understood the magnitude of the meaning, for me and for all humanity. As a matter of fact, now at 42 I am still yearning to better comprehend this most profound event of all cosmic history! It is well stated in "The Gospel Song" -

"Holy God, in love, became
Perfect man to bear my blame
On the cross he took my sin
By his death I live again"

"..Jesus our Lord,
who was delivered up for our trespasses
and raised for our justification."
Rom. 4:24b-25 (ESV)

A message so simple that a child can understand but so profound that not even the most gifted theologian can fully grasp its significance!

May you enjoy all the blessings of Easter but most of all, may you stand in awe of Jesus Christ, Risen Savior and Lord, and your forgiveness and new life in Him today!

He Is Risen!

Happy Easter &
Please celebrate with us this Sunday if you can!



1 comment:

Omniscient said...

Awesome Easter Party Invitation . I can use them for my Easter party. Thanks for sharing.