Saturday, November 01, 2008

When is it Acceptable for a ''Pro-Life'' Voter to Vote for a ''Pro-Choice'' Candidate?

I found this article via Justin Taylor. I think it is a persuasive argument to allow a candidate's stance on abortion to significantly influence our vote. Check it out and consider how to best vote in this election.


Please know that I am not endorsing any political party or particular candidate and would encourage every person to vote for the candidate who will accomplish the greatest good - both in the short term and in the long term. I choose to speak to this issue because of the radically different views the two candidates have on abortion and the huge implications of this election on this particular issue. There are few political issues that would motivate me as a pastor to speak on political issues publicly - this is one of them.

I pray you consider your vote carefully. I will do all I can to protect your freedom to vote your conscience without coercion or regret.

No comments: