For starters, check out this excellent presentation by Robert P. George, Ryan T. Anderson and Sherif Girgis, “What Is Marriage?” published in the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy.
You can also follow the inevitable counter arguments and debate here:
- “The Argument Against Gay Marriage: And Why It Doesn’t Fail” (first response to Professor Yoshino)
- “Marriage: Merely a Social Construct?” (Response to Northwestern Law Professor Andy Koppelman)
- “Marriage: Real Bodily Union” (Response to Family Scholars blogger Barry Deutsch)
- “Marriage: No Avoiding the Central Question” (Response to second Yoshino piece)
* HT & Sources: Justin Taylor